Oh boy, am I a fan of “selling points”? You bet! Let’s see what Hurry up! Records have to say in favour of Italian Ingegno’s (that’s “ingenuity, wit” in English!) latest cd:
- “follow up of the “self-titled” cd who sold out the first press.”
Wow. I guess they pressed at least 5000 copies and don’t mention that number because it would make them look like a sellout.
- “for fans of Raised Fist and Strife, one of the best Italian old school bands at the moment.”
This is tricky linguistics. Do the fans of Raised Fist and Strife think that Ingegno are one of the best Italian old school bands? If you don’t think that makes sense, well, probably my fault. I just don’t get why on earth one would call Raised Fist and Strife “old school”. What about State Of Alert and Void then? No harm in asking, I hope!
- “including the video of “Fragili Illusione”.
These illusions are indeed so fragile that the recommended Quick Time Player only shows a white screen throughout the whole song. That’s postmodernism for you!
- “the band toured U.S. with La Crisi during summer of 2005 and headlined a full Brazilian tour during spring 2006, two European tours completed as well 2004.”
That shows dedication at least, so here’s a thumbs up. Never ever heard of La Crisi before, though. Memo to myself: update recent HC scene knowledge.
- “CD layout by Nexus Enterprises.”
Another memo to myself: update recent graphic design scene knowledge (low priority memo).
- “banners on the most famous webzines and HC labels sites.”
Boo, that one sucked. No one ever tries to pay attention to banners. They annoy the hell out of everyone with an internet access. Print ads at least don’t blink and make stupid noises. Or do you really watch TV ads? Don’t you have a remote control? Thought so…
That was fun. Yeah, and I really think that if you’re into Raised Fist, you’d like Ingegno as well. Really!